Re: Stetson Nostalgia

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 18, 1999 at 10:15:48:

In Reply to: Stetson Nostalgia posted by Groo on February 18, 1999 at 10:04:44:

: Let me tell you guys, the Stetson Nostalgia has to be the BEST fedora I have owned to date. I just went back yesterday and got another. I have said it before, but the factory outlet has the BEST prices anywhere around as well. Both my hats put together in price still cost less than what I have seen this model priced at on the web, be it Millerhats or any one. Just $25.99 folks...Did I studder?!? $25.99!! I am soooo satisfied with the quality of this fine fur-felt fedora. The size specifications are exactly the same as what is posted on the Diggs site for the Herbert Johnson Hat. They state the ribbon may be a little wide, but this model hat comes with several different ribbon widths and colors. Mine measured out exactly the same as the coveted Petersham(sp?) ribbon. And because this fedora is open-crowned or unbashed, I was able to form it PRECISELY the way it appears in the films. As I stated I have two Nostalgias now, the first is formed as the Raiders hat - high crown with a straight valley on the top, tight linear pinch in the front, with the brim turned down in the front and rear. The second is formed as the Temple of Doom hat, wider pinch in the front of the crown and the snap down brim. I can't express how excited I am with these hats. This is an EXCELENT altenative for those of us who cannot afford the HJ or White hats. Also each hat is an expression of you because you form it yourself. Please contact me with any questions, or if you don't live in the midwest you can contact the Stetson factory oulet and they will have your fedora delivered. All you have to know is your size, the color you want, and the model fedora you are looking for.
: Pleased as Punch Regards,
: Groo

Groo, you're the best! Let add that I've owned Stetson's before, though not this particular version, and they consistantly make quality products that last and last. Though I now wear Broner heavy fur felt's, if I were in the market today, I'd be burning up your email address today and would be wheeling and dealing with you to pick me up one of these Stetsons. Thanks for sharing this! I've seen this version on a web link, and it looks like they got it right! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]