Re: Good Indy Books?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-003.inetnebr.com on February 18, 1999 at 13:05:19:

In Reply to: Re: Good Indy Books? posted by Brisco on February 18, 1999 at 11:32:09:

: : : Could anyone here name a few good Indy Novels?

: :I'd recommend at LEAST these four: All three Max McCoy novels; "Indiana Jones and the Philopher's Stone", "...and the Dinosaur Eggs", and "...and the Hollow Earth". Also, Rob MacGregor's second novel (and second in the series), "Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants". I really enjoyed that one.
: : Aragorn

: I agree completely with Aragorn. McCoy's are definitely the best, MacGregor the second. And "Dance of the Giants" is the best MacGregor to start with. Don't bother with Caiden. It took me months (it seems) to get through Sky Pirates, and I wasn't even able to finish White Witch. There are actually four McCoy novels now, since "Secret of the Sphinx" just came out. I'm reading it now, so I can't really recommend it yet until I've finished. If you had to pick only one Indy book, I'd definitely suggest McCoy's "Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone." It's the very best, and the most like any of the movies.
: Brisco

That's very interesting. When I started reading the Indy novels in the summer of 1997, I began with the McCoy's, finished them, and moved onto the Caidin's (I didn't read the MacGregor's until that Fall). Anyway, In the couple weeks before I went to visit some friends in England I slowly plodded my way through "Sky Pirates" finished it right before arriving at the airport, and began reading "White Witch" while on the plane. I became so sick of it I lost all interest, shut the book, marked the page with a store receipt, and slept the rest of the way over.

Two years later, I was adding to the Indy Shrine that I'd set up in my bedroom when I noticed my copy of "White Witch" down with the rest of the novels. I picked it up, opened it, and found my bookmark still in place! Perfectly unbent and unspoiled... unchanged from the day I placed it there. I've still never finished the book.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]