Re: How many times have you IndyFans seen the three excellent movies?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm2-009.inetnebr.com on February 18, 1999 at 14:33:13:

In Reply to: How many times have you IndyFans seen the three excellent movies? posted by Brett Lambert on February 18, 1999 at 14:09:53:

: I know you guys love Indy a whole lot, but how many times (approximately, if your not sure) have you guys seen those movies. I would say I've seen each individual movie about 50 times each. How about the rest of you. (And don't say a million to hyperbolise yourselves, only real figures)

Hmmm... I the first time I saw an Indy movie was in the Fall of 1993, when "Last Crusade" came on CBS. I had recorded it, and watched it virtually every day after that, when I realized how terrific it was. Up all the way until the next February, when I saw Raiders and Temple for the first times, that same night (I technically saw Raiders in 1981, when my parents went to see it together, but I was only one year old and don't remember much about it). I bought Temple and watched it virtually every day after that, and did the same with Raiders a month later.

I don't watch the Trilogy nearly as frequently now, of course (with age comes responsiblity, unfortunately, keeping me away from it), maybe one of the tree every two weeks or so. But from the beginning until the present moment, over a period of about six years, I'd estimate that I saw "Last Crusade" about 75-85 times (I can recite virtually the entire movie, same with "Temple of Doom"), "Temple" 90-100 times, and "Raiders" 70-75 times. Though I wouldn't be surprised to discover that it had been more than that. (it's kind of frightening to realize it, actually... that's a lot of hours spent before the screen).

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]