Re: Survey: The BEST Indy Book?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-019.inetnebr.com on February 19, 1999 at 16:45:35:

In Reply to: Survey: The BEST Indy Book? posted by Indiana James (Lambert) on February 19, 1999 at 15:09:41:

: Ok all you hot-blooded Indy Fanatics out there, let's hear what is everyone's favorite Indy Book and (optional) least Favorite!

As said before, and as most here already know, for me it's gotta be "Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone" It's got some terrific daredevil stunts (like when Indy boards the airship), an imaginative story (the fate of the Facists at the end is awesome!), and a welcome appearance by Sallah (even though he doesn't show up until the last chapter). But most of all, this book is the best because it introduces us to Alecia Dunstin, the only Indy girl for whom I ever find myself falling in love with... still knowing, always, the words of the Curse of the Crystal Skull. You will kill what you love.

"Philosopher's Stone" will for me, I think, always be the best.

As for my least favorite, it's gotta be the one Indy novel I've never finished (not counting "Secret of the Sphinx")... "Indiana Jones and the White Witch". Snore......

Aragorn

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: