Re: Mk-VII Gas Mask Bag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim from lrc-110.saultc.on.ca on February 21, 1999 at 09:03:29:

In Reply to: Re: Mk-VII Gas Mask Bag posted by Abner on February 20, 1999 at 11:35:11:

: : : I've looked a lot of different places for a Mk-VII Gas Mask Bag. I've been to surplus stores, swap meets, garage sales, and searched the internet, without finding one. I've emailed Sentemental Journeys and he gave me a price of 32.00. My first question is, what is 32.00 is US funds? My second question is, is there somewhere online or in the US where I can order one? It is clear to me I'm not going to find one locally. I would appreciate ANY help anyone could give me in finding one.

: : Has anyone thought of looking in Canada or Australia? Since both countries
: : were allied with Britain since the begining of World War II and used
: : mainly British equipment in their armies chances are that some gas bags
: : made their way home with the soldiers.

: Glad to help-

: Someone posted a note about a company in PA called "The Roadster Factory" a little while back. If they still have any left, they are selling UnIssued (not used, so nice and clean) Mk VIIs for about US$ 27.00 plus shipping. This is a much better deal than Sentimental Journey as 32.00 British Pounds (times exchange rate 1.6) is approxiamtely 51.00 US Dollars. Plus the Sentimental Journey Bags (I have bought one of those too) are old, used and smelly and the color is faded. I recommend the Roadster Factory. Ask for part number RFN291. The number to call is 1-800-678-8764. My hat goes off to whoever posted this the first time.

: If they are sold out, the try looking at

: http://www.militaria-online.com/dealers.htm

:
: I'm sure Canada or Australia would have places somwherethat sell these

I got one from an online source located in the states a couple of months ago. The name of the place is What Price Glory and it only cost me ten dollars plus shipping. You should be able to find there web address if you read some of the postings in november or december. They've been mentioned a few times. Good luck. Jim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]