Re: TOD & LC Behind the Scenes Documentaries

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 21, 1999 at 12:26:54:

In Reply to: TOD & LC Behind the Scenes Documentaries posted by Andrea on February 20, 1999 at 19:47:31:

: Greetings Everyone!

: Haven't you ever noticed how there are these miniscule shots of behind the scenes Indy footage you've seen on the latest A&E Biography on Speilberg (and those test screenings for Kate!) and the PBS "Hollywood Magic" FX show that went over TOD? And how about the LC behind the scenes shots in the "Real Life Adventurers" special in conjunction with LC?

: No doubt Lucasfilm holds the negatives/masters for these behind the scenes projects. And we all know about the Raiders Making Of special and Great Stunts that goes with it. But how come comprehensive TOD and LC behind the scenes documentation is no where to be found? Anyone know the fate of these projects? Thanks!

: Andrea

: P.S. I'm very sorry about "The Temple of Doom", the TOD site I've been working on, has been taking forever to make it to the web. I've been so busy on film shoots and taking care of the Avengersland page that it's been too much.

: Still, Avengersland and Indy are not entirely unafilliated: good ole Vic Armstrong served as Second Unit Director on Avengers, Anthony Powell as costume designer on the last two Indy films and Avengers; and of course, heroes in hats, are in order. For the curious, you can check it out at http://www.sierra-safari.com/avengersland.html
: to get a taste of the prototype for TOD (of course minus trippy layout, but no less thematic flavor).

They're out there, and the TOD version pops up occasionally on eBay. As to the Last Crusade, other than the great adventurers version, M-TV did a great job on a show called "The Big Picture" back in 89 that shows a lot of the behind the scenes stuff of Last Crusade. If you get in tight with one of the old timers here, you may get lucky and get them to dub you a copy. Good luck. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]