Re: Raiders question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 165.middletown-17.va.dial-access.att.net on February 21, 1999 at 14:41:14:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders question posted by Abner on February 21, 1999 at 09:44:21:

: : :
: : : : Hi, in Raiders when indy swims over to the sub, and hitches a ride to the island with his bullwhip, even though they cut out that scene, how did he do it? His whip was onboard Katanya's ship, as well as his jacket and gun. How does he get them back, or does he have doubles back at his house? Just wondering.

: : : : Brandon

: : : If you'll notice in the beginning when Indy's running from the Hovitos, Belloq has his whip and gun, but yet somehow they appear back in Indy's closet. I guess there's some kinda magical connection between them.
: : : Or maybe it's a hole in the editing. As for the losing it on the sub, I don't think they intended for a sequel, making the loss of the whip acceptable.

: : : ~The Raider

: : Euh, Belloq only took his gun Raider.
: : -Webley-

:
: I think after Belloq took his gun he just purchased a new gun after he got back to the states. His leaving behind of all his equipment (even the hat!) as he swam to the sub would explain why the hat and jacket are slightly different in the Last Crusade. This would also account for all the different guns he used. He had to buy new ones!

: That trip on the submarine always did bother me though. Spielberg obviously didn't film it because it would have been too complicated to work out the logistics. How do you hide on a sub? To tie yourself to the periscope with a whip is not a good idea!

I can understand replacing a Colt with a Smith & Wesson, but replacing a Smith & Wesson with a Webley? Unless he was in a bind, and that was all he could find at the time. But after having owned a Colt 1911, I have to wonder. I guess the revolvers looked more "1930's" to Spielberg.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]