Re: TOD & LC Behind the Scenes Documentaries on DVD

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Webley from odo.belgium.eu.net on February 22, 1999 at 12:10:16:

In Reply to: TOD & LC Behind the Scenes Documentaries on DVD posted by Abner on February 22, 1999 at 11:13:51:

:
: : : No doubt Lucasfilm holds the negatives/masters for these behind the scenes projects. And we all know about the Raiders Making Of special and Great Stunts that goes with it. But how come comprehensive TOD and LC behind the scenes documentation is no where to be found? Anyone know the fate of these projects? Thanks!

: : : Andrea

:
: : They're out there, and the TOD version pops up occasionally on eBay. As to the Last Crusade, other than the great adventurers version, M-TV did a great job on a show called "The Big Picture" back in 89 that shows a lot of the behind the scenes stuff of Last Crusade. If you get in tight with one of the old timers here, you may get lucky and get them to dub you a copy. Good luck. Regards. Michaelson

:
: My wish...

: Hopefully when the Indiana Jones Trilogy arrives on DVD (And hopefully that will be this year sometime, maybe in time for Christmas) it will be in a Special Edition package with the "making of" documentaries included on the same disc as the movie. Many other movies on DVD have this feature. There is no reason this couldn't be done, except of course the possibility that Spielberg and the studios are just greedy and have no reason to include bonus material on discs they know will be bestsellers anyway. But then again, this could be a good way for Hollywood to encourage more people who already own the VHS version to spend more money buy the DVDs as well. (Not to mention seeing the films in Widescreen!)

I just received the Great Movie Stunts & The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark a week ago and they are great! Every Indyfan must have it, I think.
You can order it at Amazon.com
-Webley-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: