Re: I have eyes so that I may see.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-003.inetnebr.com on February 22, 1999 at 13:47:09:

In Reply to: I have eyes so that I may see. posted by Satipo on February 22, 1999 at 12:00:36:

:
: : : : It's a sickness and a perversion, disapproved by God and his church since the beginning, through and into the New Testament. If only more people (liberal Christians especially) would only open their ears and let themselves listen to the truth...

: : : : Aragorn

: : :
: : : Considering homosexuality is officially disapproved of by God and his church its funny how so many priests actually practise it.

: : : Adios,

: : : Satipo

: : All men are sinners, and priests are most certainly men. As for the 'so many priests' who 'actually practice it', where did you get your information? I admit that there have been a few cases in the past, but They're married men... married to the church. Nothing should come I can assure you that nearly all of the priests on this earth are good, decent men, faithful each one to their vow of celibacy. between them. The actions of a few should not reflect upon all of God's earthly kingdom.

: : I'm finished now.

: : Aragorn

:
: I'm only remembering the many times I've read about priests molesting choir boys in Britain. I know you shouldn't believe everything you read, but its the frequency of these stories that leads me to suspect that there's no smoke without fire. As for your comment: 'I can assure you that nearly all of the priests on this earth are good, decent men, faithful each one to their vow of celibacy', where did you get YOUR information. How can you 'assure' me unless you have met or read about 'all of the priests on this earth'? Surely your opinion doesn't rely entirely on a blind faith in their self-proclaimed purity?

: Adios,

: Satipo

My information, and the reasons for my opinion, come from many sources. Faith, of course, I trust the men of God to do what is right. But not through faith alone do I base my words. Over the last three years I've gone around the country, visited monastaries and checked out religious orders, talked with priests, and spent a good part of a month living as a brother with the Legionaies of Christ. I read, I study, and I try to stay informed.

Now let's leave this. Neither of us is going to convince the other that they're wrong, and we're completely off the subject of our favorite archaeologist. Back to it. If you want continue, Satipo, give me an email.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]