I've just finished "Secret of the Sphinx"...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm2-018.inetnebr.com on February 22, 1999 at 16:03:27:

...and it was terrific. It had it's flaws, true enough: multiple references to Indy being older than he should have been, as said before, references to the deleted time-travel story arc; and at one point Indy tells his companion, Faye, that he's never before been married. This is when she asks him about Alecia, so it's entirely possible that Indy meant to say that he was never married to her , rather than ever (none could ever forget Deirdre, after all). The rest of the book, despite that, was terrific. I LOVED the climax beneath the Great Pyramid, when the Omega Book is finally discovered. VERY well done!

There's action, imagination, and a lot of humorous witticisms from the tongue of Indy, all throughout the book. Sallah is a welcome presence, as always, and thankfully he shows up for a LOT more of the story than he did with his short part in "Philosopher's Stone".

I really hope that whatever was said in the missing pages might one day turn up, or be released, just to clear up a few problems and answer a few of my questions. But besides that, I totally enjoyed "Secret of the Sphinx"... and am VERY sorry that it's to be the last one. Hats and fedoras off to Max McCoy.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]