MkVI and MKVII bags

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h1-48-75.ispmodems.net on February 23, 1999 at 01:36:43:

I live near to What Price Glory and recently went to buy some MKVII bags. I was pleased to find that the MKVI bags were VERY similar. I bought one great condition MKVII and a few MKVI bags (I was not greedy and left some MKVIIs for everyone, although Jerry said that he is running low).

Anyway the reason I am posting is that I had never heard anything about the similarities of these bags. If you can't find a MKVII you will be pleased with the MKVI.

The differences between them are: the MKVI has D rings for the shoulder strap (VII has round rings) , slightly different stitching on the outside edges, pockets on the outside back covered with a flap that runs along the full width of the bag ( MKVII has two pockets on the interior of the same size), there is a divider in the middle of the inside of the bag (MKVII has no divider), and there are small D rings on the outside seams of the front of the bag (MKVII has no rings). The rings are about 3/4 inches long.

The bags are identical in size and have the same snaps to close the front, as well as the same brass water vents on the bottom. It would be hard to tell them apart if you weren't looking real close.

Hope you find this interesting,
John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: