Re: McCoy or MacGregor? (Definately not Caidin)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-018.inetnebr.com on February 23, 1999 at 20:15:37:

In Reply to: McCoy or MacGregor? (Definately not Caidin) posted by Indiana James (Lambert) on February 23, 1999 at 15:40:38:

: I have been an avid Indiana Jones Fan and now I'm just getting into the books after a bad "Sky Pirates" stint 5 years ago. I was turned off by the Caidin novel but now under advice from some the IndyFan Forum members (especially Aragon) I have picked up 6 Indy novels. These titles include: "Secret of the Sphinx", "Philosopher's Stone", "Hollow Earth", "Dinosaur Eggs", "Interior World", and 'Peril at Delphi'. I finished McCoy's 'Philosopher's Stone" and I am now reading MacGregor's 'Peril at Delphi'. I like both Author's novelizations of Indy but here is the question:

: Which author is better: McCoy or MacGregor?

Glad to be of help, and glad that you got started (really started) into the novels. You pose a VERY tough question... because truthfully I really liked them both. All four of McCoy's were terrific, in my opinion, worthy each one of being read several times over.

The six of MacGregor's, though, are just a little bit more uneven, when you look at them all together. Some I liked a LOT more than others. I thought his "Dance of the Giants" and "Interior World" were outstanding... among my all-time favorites. After those two, "Seven Veils", "Genesis Deluge" and "Unicorn's Legacy" were all very good as well, though I didn't enjoy them quite as much. And as for his very first attempt to write an Indy novel, "Peril at Delphi", I didn't really care for that one at all.

Given that, I'll be forced to say that McCoy was the best of the three authors, hired to continue the exploits of Indiana Jones. While MacGregor had two outstanding novels, McCoy had four. But the other good books of Rob MacGregor should count for something... it's a subject I'll have to think more on. And re-read a book or two to find out for certain.... something I won't mind doing at all.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]