Run of the Mill's opinion of character

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by run of the mill from 147.174.1.160 on February 24, 1999 at 09:46:17:

i agree for the most part with your opinions on indy's character. like i said, for me the character is the best part about the movies and books. who wants to see rambo blast through the bad guys with an intelligent thought or an ounce of reluctance. i think the best way to explain his character is through examples. for instance, one of the best scenes in raiders in when that huge machanic puts his dukes up when indys is just getting on the plane. you can see his reluctance-he knows he cant beat this guy and he's right. he gets his butt kicked mostly. i really dont think he would have even fought him if so much wasnt at stake. as for the women, i dont see him as some big dense player. look at the young indy chronicles- he goes head over heals and tries to get pretty romantic. hell, he even got married in the books. the chrystal skull was a quest to save the women he loved. i think his player image comes mainly from the great losses he suffered (mom, dierdre, alecia...)in the past. as for religion, i know he believes in some kind of god (in hollow earth his says fudge instead of f*$k so he would have gods help in getting out of danger) There are other examples that were posted on this board. as for the smoking and drinking and drugs we know he doesnt smoke or do drugs and he can either take a drink or leave it. this may seem like a lot of thought has been put into his character, but this comes from the hate of hearing some people completely miss the "real" indy. sure he's a dare devil, but who wouldnt be to save the world or the girl. another point thats off the subject, there's a new book of movie bloopers out and they mention the indy movies ofcourse, but if you get a chance, read it, they make some (indy) bloopers themselves.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]