Re: Voices overs

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sevenwords from 1Cust221.tnt15.sfo3.da.uu.net on February 25, 1999 at 13:42:44:

In Reply to: Voices overs posted by Seamus on February 25, 1999 at 11:10:21:

Just a little side note about overdubbing. I have been taking Audio for Video classes at San Fransisco State (the second best audio school in the country). I was told that in USA, about 80 to 90% of dialogue for each film is overdubbed, because we are really picking about the quality of our films. In England however it's the opposite, cause since it's such a theater oriented country they are much more concerned with the acting.
Ever since learning this I haven't been able to watch a movie without looking at an actor's lips to see how good they are at overdubbing.
Knowing how concerned George Lucas is with sound I'm sure all of his films are overdubbed. I mean he just made Natalie Portman do all of her dialouge over because her voice changed.

Oh and Indiana Jones needs to come out with another movie soon before I explode

: Dear fellow Indy fans,

: Has anyone noticed that in the Temple of Doom that all of the voices for the Indian characters (except Mola Ram and the Prime Minister)are dubbed!
: Also in Raiders the voice of the German character who threatens Marion with the red hot poker (I don't know his name)also seems a bit dodgy.

: Regards

: Seamus

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: