Re: To all owners of a WESTED: Read this!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tennessee from PM-070.tnaccess.com on February 27, 1999 at 19:29:28:

In Reply to: Re: To all owners of a WESTED: Read this!!! posted by Greg on February 27, 1999 at 05:22:36:

: : I'm going to be purchasing a Wested soon and I was wondering if someone could post pics of what the jacket looks like in the distressed, or even semi-distressed version. Please lend me a hand here - I don't want to drop two hundred some bucks and wish I had gotten it with the distressed look. Call me crazy, but it won't feel like Indy's jacket if it looks brand new! Also, does anyone out there have one in the Temple or Crusade versions? i'm thinking I'll get mine in the Crusade version. Thanks!

: Get it new and distress it yourself. It will not only look more authentic but you will thank yourself. You will become more proud and attached to the jacket, knowing how that scratch got there, or that scrape happened. Trust me. I bought the new Raiders version about eight years ago and it looks terrific now. Just don't baby it when you get it. WEAR it! No matter what the conditions. I was helping my father-in-law do some grimy chores around his house one cool fall afternoon-cool enough for a jacket, but he put on a grimy quilted work shirt and I wore my jacket. He was like "hey, you should probably take that off, I wouldn't want you to get it ruined." I said no thanks and kept it on. It looks even better now. Just my opinion and advice. I can send you some photos (I think I have some Jpegs-I'll look for them if you want to email me off-forum and I can send them to you in attachment).

: Greg

: I would agree with Greg, in that you probably want it new and distress it yourself. It is really a neat jacket and you'll be pleased with it. Also Peter at Wested is a great person.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]