Re: Does The Thugee Cult Still Exist?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-023.inetnebr.com on February 28, 1999 at 07:41:25:

In Reply to: Does The Thugee Cult Still Exist? posted by Brett Lambert on February 27, 1999 at 16:59:59:

: I watched Temple of Doom again (for my 100th time), and I was wondering if that terrible cult still lives on? I know they said the British did away with them a century ago (just like in the movie Gunga Din, starring Cary Grant, the Temple of Doom's key inspiration, if you guys haven't seen it, I suggest you all rent it), but there is always a chance someone could bring it back (like the Neo-Nazis). Does anyone here know?

I honestly don't know if the cult still exists, though in a movie I watched last December, I caught a reference to them. If anyone saw "The Cater Street Hangman" on A&E, you'll probably remember. It took place in Victorian England, and in it a few people of Indian decent kept a shrine to Kali in one of London's dark back-alleys. The only difference was, the worshippers were called the "Thuggs", rather than the "Thuggee". I know it doesn't tell us if they still exist, and I don't know how accurate the reference was, but it was interesting.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]