Re: More WESTED stuff...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 2Cust63.tnt17.sfo3.da.uu.net on February 28, 1999 at 21:16:36:

In Reply to: More WESTED stuff... posted by Dietrich on February 28, 1999 at 20:12:37:

: I know, everyone's sick of me asking this, but what does the distressed version look like?!? Could someone please, please, for tha luv a God, post a pic of it? I can't understand why the distressed version gets so many negative comments. Isn't the process employed to "age" the jacket the same one usedto "age" the jacket worn by Ford in the movies? That one looked pretty damn good to me, both onscreen and in publicity stills. I'd like mine to look like that, and if I order the non-distressed version and let it get worn over time I know that it won't. I simply won't have enough opportunities to wear it. I want it to look like it's got ten years of usage, just like Indy's.

Well, personally, I'm against it...but opinions are opinions, and if you find that the idea of having the jacket is better if it looks like it's been used for ten years then just get it that way. It is a Wested like Indy's and they can distress it like Indy's. You've already seen that type of distressed look in the films and publicity shots as you have said, so I don't see how seeing someone's personal pics is going to make a difference. You're against getting it pristine, so just get it distressed. You've pretty much made up your mind. Nothing else anybody can say will make much of a difference. Good Luck--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]