Chapter 8 - a question for Tessa.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HANNIBAL KING from ausfire.austin.ppdi.com on March 01, 1999 at 09:26:06:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and The Heart of Shiva -Chapter 8 posted by tessa on March 01, 1999 at 08:53:32:

Hey Tessa
Nice to have your contribution to the novel. Just a quick question. Is Kate an established character from the Indy continuity? or is she your own creation? Does she have a second name?
Seeya Hannibal

Kali called Indy at his office around eleven in the morning and said,
: “Would you mind leaving later today? I can get reservations for the four o’clock plane.”
: Indy looked at his pile of papers and said,
: “I’ll cancel my classes for the day and go home to pack.”
: “Good. Tell me your address, I’ll have Cianelli send a car for you to drive us to the airport. Say about three o’clock?”
: “That’ll be fine,” as he gave the address and hung up. He cancelled his classes and went home to pack. He reached his English Tudor home, he noticed a different car in the drive, and said,
: “Oh, great.”
: He went into the house and called out,
: “Kate?”
: “I’ll be down in a minute.”
: “What are you doing home?”
: “I always come home for lunch, silly, then go back to work.”
: Indy smiled as he pulled a suitcase from the closet and started throwing clothes in the suitcase. A blonde woman came from behind, saw him packing him, and said,
: “Where are you going?”
: “Delhi.”
: “For what?”
: “I told you last night.”
: She stared at him and said,
: “Indy, don’t go, please.”
: Indy turned to her, cupped her face, and said,
: “Kate, you know I have to do this.”
: The woman, Kate, has a history with him. While they were in college, they were seriously dating and drifted apart after graduation. The year before, Kate moved from Chicago to New York to take a position at Julliard as a music professor and ran into him at the museum six months ago. After dating for a while, he invited her to move in with him. For the first time in a long time, he actually fell in love again after Deirdre. They were talking marriage when Indy brought up this trip and after hearing about Delhi she was worried about him.
: “Indy, I don’t anything to happen to you.”
: “Nothing’s going to happen, Kate,” with a grin, “I’m a Jones, remember?”
: “Why can’t you be like other professors?” she challenged, “Giving lectures and grading papers?”
: Indy sighed and thought Not this again, Kate. She’d never understand.
: “I’m not like other professors, Kate. You know that.”
: “But, Indy,” her blue eyes staring at him, “You said you were giving up fieldwork, what happened?”
: “A friend of mine will be with me. He’ll make sure nothing will happen to me.”
: Her eyes clouded, “What friend?”
: “Patar Kali. I mentioned to him to you once. We go back about ten years.”
: Indy finished his packing as he heard a car honking. He turned to Kate and said,
: “I promise I’ll come back to you.”
: “Please, be careful.”
: “I will,” giving her a kiss on the cheek, “And will start planning our wedding alright?”
: Kate smiled as he took his bag and went out the door. She waited at the door as Indy got in the car and waved to her. She waited for the car to leave when she closes the door, she fingers the small ring he gave her, and said,
: “Please come back to me, Indy.”
: Another person was also watching Indy leaving – it was Dawn Ramage, sitting in a car, unnoticed. As she noticed Kate going back into the house, she said to herself,
: “So Jones has a weakness. This can get interesting.”
: Dawn drove away from the house as the phone rang in the house. Kate picked it up and said,
: “Hello?”

: Ok, I'm getting romantic but I wanted to see what you guys what do to the story now.
: Tessa

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]