Re: Indy RPG

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BelloqRaider from ww-tn04.proxy.aol.com on March 14, 1998 at 12:38:26:

In Reply to: Re: Indy RPG posted by indee jonez on March 12, 1998 at 14:21:47:

: : Actually there was a harcover Temple of Doom sourcebook. It's very good, like the Raiders. I hope they keep making them. I would like to have a Last Crusade sourcebook.

:
: I definitely would buy the rp game....but who can find it?
: : : : I didn't think West End Games stopped publishing Indy stuff! I just bought a NEW book called "Magic and Mysticism: The Dark Continent" last month!! And I talked to George Strayton, the Indy line editor, recently and he didn't say anything about it although he did say that the Indy line was near the bottom as far as sales go. Let's see if we can change that, huh guys?!

: : : It's hard to buy books when they are never in the stores! It's no wonder sales are low. And weren't they supposed to make sourcebooks on each of the movies? I've only seen Raiders. It also doesn't help that the original MasterBook system was abandoned for the D6 system.

: : : -Northy-

It also doesn't help that the D6 conversions for the Masterbook are hopelessly confusing. Plus, the conversion chart is only available in a few books, I've only seen it in the Indiana Jones: Artifacts Sourcebook (which, bye the way, was published in '96). In my mind, the whole concept of Masterbook is confusing...one way to get around it is by using the rules for the Star Wars RPG and the D6 conversions together and making a pretty easy home-brew game. I use it and have gotten pretty good feedback. Other than the complexity of the rules, the game really kicks arse, it captures the feeling of the movies very well. I'll be sad to see the line go, BTW, the Bantam Indy novels are some of the best examples of adventure fiction I've seen in a while...

DON'T LET INDY DIE!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]