You couldn't have said it better

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lovelia from 202.78.92.37 on March 03, 1999 at 05:19:45:

In Reply to: Re: The Germans posted by Seamus on March 02, 1999 at 10:19:30:

: The I.J. movies tend to depict Nazis as bad guys? er,the Nazi's WERE bad guys!

:
: Regards

: Seamus

---

My dad was german and as much as I got from him talking about those Nazi's, I never came across the adjective good in his long speeches about Nazi's, the war and all that racist movement during those times.

I guess Germans are partly ashamed of this (but I couldn't be so sure about that either!), and I think it's cruel to assume that all Germans adhere to this kind of opinion of them that we have stored at the back of our minds. I've met a lot of very friendly Germans (myself being one), although I am aware that there still does exists a small minority who still hold true to this Nazi stuff... some who were proud to be once part of belonging to the movement log ago.

Yes, it's true I heard one actually admit so over TV and radio that he once really felt honored to be one of Hitler's boys...as he was saying that, one could really hear a tone of unmistakable pride in his voice.

I guess there are still some out there who do think quite highly of Hitler. I wonder what they must've felt when they've watched Indy's movies?

Lovelia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]