Re: Wested Jacket combinations - HELP!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Professor Jones from slot0-37.ts0.cv.oh.verio.net on March 03, 1999 at 06:52:42:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket combinations - HELP!! posted by Brian on March 03, 1999 at 05:32:21:

: I have been in touch with Pete from Wested recently and am about to order a jacket. But first I would appreciate some input from you folks, if you can spare a moment.

: I have a Cooper jacket which is based on the LC version. However, I prefer the idea of the Raiders version (smaller collar). But then the stormflap studs are quite handy.

: So first question: would it be daft to have a jacket made that isn't exactly a replica from any one movie? In other words, as fellow collectors, would these devalue it? Sentimentally of course!

: Secondly, I asked Pete the difference between the lambskin leather and barrier distressed cowhide leather (which is what the Cooper jacket is made from). Lambskin is softer, more supple. But I can't help thinking the origianal Raiders jacket looks like it's cowhide. The last Crusade version is lambskin. So LAST QUESTION! is would anyone think it worth having a jacket made with the "wrong" type of leather? Again, collector value?

: If anyone has any ideas, suggestions (none rude, please!) then I would be very grateful.

: Thanks to all and regards,

: Brian

Hi Brian,

If you are purchasing the jacket for personal use (like most of us
who have them, I believe), then I would not worry about using different
materials or putting the snaps on a Raiders version. If, however,
you are purchasing the jacket to keep in mint, unworn condition with
the idea of selling it in the future to a collector, then I would not
make any of the "personal preference" changes you mention. As a
collector, I would want the original, not an "almost" original.

Just my opinion... hope it helps.

Regards,
Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: