Re: Knock-off Indy Movies

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bijb from ts003d45.col-oh.concentric.net on March 03, 1999 at 09:00:47:

In Reply to: Knock-off Indy Movies posted by woods01 on March 02, 1999 at 23:48:55:

: So do you guys have a favorite or hated Indiana Jones knock off?
: Those Richard Chamberlin movies King Solomons Mines and Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold are probably the biggest knock offs. I remember seeing the trailer for King Solomons Mines and I thought it was a new Indy movie! Hey I was only 9 at the time. Personally I like KSM, not as good as any Indy movie but a good substitute. I kinda wish it hadn't been made because I think it would have been a good legend for a 4th Indy movie. The sequel Lost City of Gold is pretty crappy though. Big Trouble in Little China is a bit of a Indy knock off too with its mix of action and magic. While not a Indy knock off since it came out before Raiders, the Micheal Cain-Sean Connery movie the Man Who Would Be King seems like a "realistic" Indiana Jones movie to me and it is also quite an excellent film which I heavily reccomend to anyone looking for a good adventure film.

I don't see at all how you could consider "Big Trouble in Little China" as an Indy knock off... I never before thought of Indy when watching it. Maybe because they are both great movies. There are plenty of movies with action and magic, why aren't those on your list?

-b"ij"b

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]