Re: Shirt Report...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tennessee from 206.155.195.179 on March 03, 1999 at 18:50:21:

In Reply to: Shirt Report... posted by IJFan on March 03, 1999 at 14:35:45:

: I just received Willis & Geiger's Balloon Cloth shirt in Light Natural, and thought I'd post a little report about it.

: First off, I'll be very clear about what it isn't.
: It isn't an exact replica of the original article. It doesn't have the funky trim pieces running from the shoulders all the way to the shirttail, the pockets are sized differently from the original, and the buttons are very different.

: HOWEVER, for all these differences, only the most diehard perfectionist would be likely to notice any of this. It's exactly the right color and weight of fabric, it's got epaulettes, and in general, it looks like an adventurer's shirt.

: In the course of my searching, I think this is the closest thing I've seen to the original that can be bought off the rack. To get any closer, someone would have to be intentionally copying the original.

: Just my $0.02 worth...

: -IJFan

I have one and was so pleased that I ordered a second one and just received it today. IJFan is right, as best as I can discern from those of you on the forum that know, this is the closest available at the moment. I sure hope Peter Botwright is able to get his product to us in the near future. I think his shirt like his leather jacket will be unsuppassable! My $0.02 worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]