Re: Indy's Threads.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 04, 1999 at 07:38:45:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Threads. posted by Anejo Joe on March 03, 1999 at 18:29:51:

: : : : But in the 1930's $5 or $15 was considered a lot of money, the equivalent of say $40 or $60 today and people today are generally better off now than they were back then, considering the Depression etc.

: : : : Regards

: : : : Seamus

: : :
: : : People in general perhaps but as you might suppose from his home, our boy indy wasn't what you'd call below the poverty line. Also you said that the whip is something that would never be used... You may not use one but Indy used his a great deal. Just watch the movies. He uses the whip repeatedly in each one. Hope I don't sound like I'm crashing down on yeah.

: : : Jim

: : Also bear in mind he was supported by the museum that Brody ran, so therefore more than likely all his gear was paid for through his travel vouchers, not out of his own pocket. Even in the Depression there were a lot of rich fatcats who were plowing money into museums for tax breaks as donations and grants. Regards. Michaleson

: ------------------------------

: Of course, for many people $300 is not even one night's bar bill. Unfortunately, I am not one of those. But I do have a number of pistols, and some nice black powder rifles, which cost more that the whip, and probably get used less.

Amen to that, brother. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]