Re: Significance of following address: www.indianajones.com

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from dialup41.uplogon.com on March 16, 1998 at 21:28:26:

In Reply to: Re: Significance of following address: www.indianajones.com posted by Freak0ut on March 14, 1998 at 13:07:40:

:
: : Ok everyone, as we all know if you type in the
: : following address (well, if you didn't you know now) WWW.IndianaJones.Com it takes you to the official Lucasfilm Star Wars Prequel Web site..My question is this..was this done by someone as a joke or is Lucasfilm seriously considering using that name when
: : Indy IV goes into production ? My guess is the later.. Just want to get an idea on what everyone is thinking on this..
: : Thanks.

: : Matt

: My guess is that Lucasfilm owns the indianajones.com domain, because they would be quite aware that a certain amount of people might type that in just off the top of their head if they are looking for "official" Indy stuff. If no one owns the address, it just sits there and gets a cannot retrieve. So this way, Lucasfilm gets more attention. And OF COURSE, wouldn't you know that it would lead to a Star Wars site?

I still think it was done just to keep other people from using it. Lucasfilm probably doesn't plan to EVER make an Indy site, or another Indy movie for that matter...

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]