Re: Indy's pants and Bag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from 209.222.81.42 on March 05, 1999 at 12:31:03:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's pants and Bag posted by Abner on March 04, 1999 at 19:53:31:

: Yes!!!How can we contact Mr. Howard to get a strap? Or a bag with a strap?

This info is genuine. Noel Howard just emailed me yesterday saying that the pants are in fact ready to be purchased and shipped ("off-the-peg" as he calls it). The pants will be in even waist sizes with an unfinished hem length for you to bring to a tailor yourself. The cost is 95 pounds sterling or 155 dollars U.S. He also said that he is working on the shirt to be available in off-the-peg sizing but he is not certain how much these will cost. I have sent him back an email ordering a couple of the bags myself and inquired about the leather straps/buckles separately but I have not heard back from him yet. If you all remember, I believe it was Peter Botwright who originally contacted him and drew his attention to the Indyfan Forum and this market that he was before unaware of, and like Peter, turned out to be not only sympathetic to our search, but agreed to attempt manufacturing the pants in an off-the rack size (to take away the high cost of custom-tailored versions), and I subsequently emailed him to find out about how much custom tailored versions would be vs. the off-the rack versions. He informed me that the off the rack pants will be identical in fabric, buttons, composition, etc, but will simply be standard sizes. It was then he also informed me that he was attempting to get a pattern and proper material for the shirt (since he didn't make them originally), and that these would hopefully be made available. I don't know how he will accept payment on these items or what his shipping address/phone number, etc. is, but I promise to post it here when I get an email back from him hopefully today or tomorrow.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]