Re: Lot's of survivors

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 17.greenville-05-10rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on March 06, 1999 at 07:59:33:

In Reply to: Lot's of survivors posted by Groo on March 05, 1999 at 17:47:28:

: Okay, I know it's hard for you to envision anything happening before your birth, but here goes...My Great Grandfather served two years in the US Army during WWII at the ripe old age of 47. He was even there during the big D-Day invasion. It is true that a lot of good men did go down on the beach forever that day but my Grandad survived along with a host of other brave and lucky men.
: Let's just suppose that Indy did enlist, whose to say that he would have been a common grunt? I believe with his education and world experience, he would have made a much better spy especially being multi-lingual.
: Just a thought Regards,
: Groo

--------------------------
Spies are recruited from the native population. It is not enough to speak a language well. In fact, speaking it well may bring you under suspicion, because you are not up-to-date on the local slang. The Allies often inserted agents behind enemy lines to work with resistance groups, but the only really successful foreign spies in WWII were Russian.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]