Re: Just saying hi and some archaeology

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nobody from jcmcmahon.ne.mediaone.net on March 06, 1999 at 13:00:08:

In Reply to: Just saying hi and some archaeology posted by Mark Indy Szarkowski on March 06, 1999 at 10:31:49:

And you can buy all the Indy stuff, and wish real hard and maybe someday you'll wake up and you'll be ...Indiana Jones!!

: Hi all!

: To the archeologists here, I have a question that's been with me for a while now and I'd really appreciate if anybody could help. What are the chances of doing graduate school in archaeology after you have a bachelors degree in a completely unrelated field? I'm what could probably be best described as an armchair archaeologist, I love the field but am currently pursuing a different course of study (in professional aviation.) Is this possible at all, or would I have to get a bachelors first? I realize it would probably involve catching up with a lot of fieldwork, but that's the fun part.

: I'm thinking of the University of Chicago - the same school Indy went to!!! :) You know, the Oriental Institute and all...

: I know, it's not exactly like Indy anymore (in fact it never was), but I find it exciting nevertheless.

: Can anybody comment?

: Mark
: szarkom@pr.erau.edu

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: