Re: I don't mean to be rude but I was asking who was cooler, NOT about character development (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip225-s14.inetnorth.net on March 07, 1999 at 18:03:43:

In Reply to: I don't mean to be rude but I was asking who was cooler, NOT about character development (nm) posted by Brett Lambert on March 05, 1999 at 19:23:06:

: : Greetings!

: : Yes, Aquinas' opinion is quite true: Indy is a real character, while bond isn't. Bond is surely stylish and rich, and very "warm" with women, but Indy has his own very special way to behave with them and finaly attract them(yes, I mean that fight-like behaviour!). Bond's age remains always the same(too many actors!). Indy grows up all the time, and this makes him more interesting, because age can cause more emotion and more singinisis(does that word actually exist in English?)
: : And his style seems to be... "heavier" than Bond's.

Bond is cooler...in one sense of the word. A girl an hour, a martini every 5 minutes, a gun, and dangerous foreign spies...al the while suave and sophisticated. Cool in THAT sense.
Then there's Indy. Rugged, human, and warm, he has his fears (snakes of course) and is guilty of being controlled by the "other"side more than once (I'm throwing the books into the mix here) He's tougher, funnier, and cooler in the sense he's not an anally retentive Brit that most north americans would want to slap in the face. (no offence to any British people here)
They're both cool, but in they're own ways.

~the Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]