Re: YIJC collectors cards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on March 19, 1998 at 11:28:24:

In Reply to: Re: YIJC collectors cards posted by Freak0ut on March 13, 1998 at 14:31:25:

:
: : I was in a collector card store with my youngest daughter, who was looking for Aliens collectables. While wandering around the aisles waiting on her, I looked down, and found one lone unopened box of YIJC cards, covered with dust and still shrink wrapped. I bought it for $9.00, and it holds 36 packages of X amount of cards each. Question to those of you who follow this collection.....how did I do? High or low? I have yet to open the box. Haven't had time. Not that I'll be disappointed one way or another, but was just interested whether I did good shopping. Regards. Michaelson

: You made an okay buy. I have seen the boxes for 4 dollars. But, as a collector, before I got the entire set, I was looking frantically for only 5 cards, I would have paid 9 bucks. I guess it just depends on who/where/when you buy it. I eventually got those 5 cards by posting my needs on the old Indy message board and 3 people sent me the cards I needed for free. The power of the internet.

Yes, $4.00 wholesale price to dealers I have seen since I posted this question, but have found out they retail higher, so I am now being told by dealers I did do pretty well. I've also been told by one never open the box, and by another it really doesn't matter. I currently don't plan to open it. Thanks for the input. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]