Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from portup364.portup.com on March 08, 1999 at 08:44:35:

In Reply to: Secret of the Sphinx comment posted by Steve on March 05, 1999 at 13:43:17:

: been reading Max McCoy's Secret of the Shinx novel (my first Indy novel, actually). I enjoy McCoy's writing style. One thing, though, is that I don't agree with some of his views integrated into the story.

: Aaron's Staff has been blown up into a power all its own. In the book of Exodus, it always words the miracles as coming straight from God's power. Secret of the Shinx denotes this idea as Aaron's Staff being "the first magic wand". Not so.

I must agree that I felt the same way about the so-called "magic" of the staff. McCoy was otally off-base with his idea of what it was all about. However, that was only one of many problems I had with the book. A very un-Indylike adventure (pointless areas, the story didn't flow smoothly, etc), with a poor characterization of Indy. The last few chapters were especially ridiculous! It's only my second Indy novel (after Unicorn's Legacy, which was pretty good, not great). I'm reading Dance of the Giants and Philosopher's Stone next, and I hope at least one of these is a great Indy story!

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]