Nobody is a complete idiot

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-38ld5go.dialup.mindspring.com on March 08, 1999 at 09:48:56:

You shouldn't post messages here making fun of forum members. It's in poor taste. And besides, if you hadn't already noticed, the Indiana Jones movies did spawn a mainstream fashion trend in leather jackets and hats-- look in just about any leather store or hat catalog and you will see someting similar to the Indy jacket and fedora. Forum members are just willing to go the extra mile for authenticity. I applaud Indy Magnoli for wearing his Indinana Jones inspired clothes on his adventures. Besides, seeing bright colored Gore-Tex and Fleece everywear gets annoying! I think I can speak for many forum members when I say that I often wish it WAS the 1930s where everyone wore a hat and one could hop on a float plane to some exotic destination. There's nothing at all wrong about appreciating certain aspects of a different era. Nowadays you can hardly fly anywhere in the world without finding a McDonalds waiting for you when you land.

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]