Re: Herbert Johnson Hat Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn010a-049.cybertours.com on March 08, 1999 at 13:09:26:

In Reply to: Herbert Johnson Hat Question posted by bullwhip on March 07, 1999 at 20:30:56:

: Well, it come time for me to order my hat. The only question I have is should I get the HJ hat or the Stetson Indy 005 hat? I have read that the HJ hat really doesn't look that good and is not worth the money. However, I have heard that the Stetson is a good hat and a good buy. Please, if you have any info. or thoughts on this let me know asap.
: I'm like a bad penny...
: bullwhip

I don't know who thinks the HJ doesn't look good. It's a wonderful hat-very high quality and looks great. The problem with whether any hat bears a resemblance to the film hats is that the film hats were tortured with dirt and mangling. The HJ hat of course comes in pristine condition and may require some further shaping of the brim and if you want to change the pinch on the crown that is up to you as well. When you get a hat from them in person you can have the brim and pinch all made exactly as you like them, but since most of us here are ordering them and they come shipped in a box (a very thick, heavy nice box I might add, protecting the hat through anything it might have gone through to get to you), then the hat comes with a basic shape that must be "molded" by you to get the exact look you want. Let this be at least one opinion for you from someone who owns two of them-it's a great hat if you can afford one. Also, don't let the price make you afraid to actually wear it and get it dirty a little. furfelt is quite resilient. Don't baby it!

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]