I'm with Nobody

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by auryn from spider-wd051.proxy.aol.com on March 09, 1999 at 09:44:22:

In Reply to: dressing like Indy posted by nobody on March 09, 1999 at 06:39:11:

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I totally agree with Nobody. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that when I read the posts here that discuss how to buy exact replica of Indy's satchel and glasses for only $100, that I don't roll my eyes and think it's psychotic.

Of course, I am an idiot as well. I love this character. I have memorized the movies and I have every book and tv show. I sign online to see what other people are saying about him. I guess by all means that makes me obsessed.

But ~dressing~ like him? It's called a Trekkie and it's how you avoid ever getting a date.....

Wearing a jacket because it looks cool is one thing. Wearing khakis because ~they~ look cool is another. Wearing an otherwise "normal" outfit and pair of glasses that resemble Indy's is fine. Owning a fedora as a collectors item is cool. But when you start to wear the whole outfit on a regular basis you need psychiatric help...

Of course, don't stop dressing up as a fictional character just because we thought it was weird. If you did that you'd really be a loser.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]