Re: COMPLAINTS!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 09, 1999 at 13:40:05:

In Reply to: COMPLAINTS!!!!! posted by Bosh Talk on March 08, 1999 at 20:29:02:

: If people want to know about Straps and Bags, or so be it. The FORUM is: "All things Indy". Those posts are alot closer to that description than half the other posts I've seen on here.

: BOSH

I agree with you, Bosh, and quite frankly I've been very disappointed at what I've been reading here for the past day or so regarding the intolerance of some forum writers to other members pursuit of this hobby. We've even seen some veteran writers who live in glass houses throwing stones, and some of these very writers have had other forum members come to their defense before when someone critized some of their choices. Names don't need to be mentioned, but each and every one who has responded in this vein should take a long hard look at what they've written and give it some thought. Who cares who does what, as long as we respect and support each other in the hobby. What sparked this outburst was the posting by Indy Magnoli, outside of Micah and others, one of the strongest supporter and contributer to this forum that we've ever had. All his posting said was that all who own each individual item of the "Indy gear collection" could rest assured that the stuff isn't movie props, they actually can survive the outdoor "trama" as depicted in an Indiana Jones movie. This man is a degreed archeologist from New Mexico who is now working in New Zealand at the university there and STILL takes time to respond to the interests of our hobby. I can understand the new writers not knowing this, but the older ones know better. No, he's not troucing around the jungle humming the Raiders tune under his breath, but if he were, WHO CARES? Who does it hurt? What right do we have to say anything regarding how the other decides to participate in this hobby? I could say my "opinions" to a lot of the things I've been reading recently, but then who am I to judge what is important to one when it has absolutely no interest to me. That's the nature of this forum, or at least it has been to date, and I should know, I've been here since before the vaults were even kept. If this is going to be the pattern from this time on, Micah, you may as well shut it down, as it has moved from a true forum, one where everyone can make a statement without fear of attack to nothing but the proberbial chat room, where mob rule reigns supreme, and whoever is nastiest holds court. I, for one, would just move on. Give it some thought, folks. You are all important to me, and I've learned a lot and have been able to share a lot. Let's not taint a good thing. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]