Re: A plug for another Ford movie.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LFM from Geniculatus.dw.net on March 09, 1999 at 17:29:51:

In Reply to: A plug for another Ford movie. posted by Anejo Joe on March 09, 1999 at 16:06:50:

: : : Ok I know that I'd like all of Harrison Ford's movies, since you know, he's so great and he doesn't do to bad in the looks department either, but here are my top whatever, 15 or so, Ford movies. I haven't watched all like, what was it, 45, but I've watched at least enough to know what I'm talking about...

: : : This first one may sound a little weird but I loved this movie...

: : : 1. Six days, seven nights
: : : 2. Patriot Games
: : : 3. The Fugitive
: : : 4. Indy tril.
: : : 5. Star Wars tril.
: : : 6. Working girl
: : : 7. Sabrina
: : : 8. Witness
: : : 9. Air Force One
: : : 10.Regarding Henry
: : : 11.The Devil's own
: : : 12.Clear and Present Danger
: : : 13.Presumed Innocent
: : : 14.Force 10 from Navarone
: : : 15.Frantic
: : : 16.American Graffiti (put this one last cuz I only saw the last 45, but what I saw I loved)

: : :
: : : So that's my top 16 I guess. The first 10 are the ones that I can watch over and over and never get bored with.

: : : LFM
: --------------------------------------
: A movie I always liked, but no one mentions is "Hanover Street". Ford is the pilot of a B25 and there are some good action shots. Some reviews are as follows:

: "Harrison Ford is assigned to the 8th Air Force in England and falls in love with a local girl [Lesley-Anne Down]. Film shot at several old 8th Air Force bases including RAF Little Rissington and RAF Bovington. "

: "Harrison Ford, Lesley-Anne Down, and Christopher Plummer are great in this WW II romance between a married British woman and an American soldier who is sent on a mission behind enemy lines. Directed and written by Peter Hyams. Harrison Ford rules."

: It's worth the rental fee!

Ironically, that's a movie that I've always wanted to see, but it's just about the only one that the downtown rental store doesn't have. My mom won't take the time and energy to go to Hollywood video because quote "you have to sign away your life." Anyway...my goal is to see all of Harrison's movies. On a sad note, and I just read this in people mag, Harrison's dad died on Feb. 12 or 10, can't remember. Finally a person in the world died of a natural cause, he was 92. Didn't die of cancer or lung or heart complications. Anyhoo...I love romantic movies so maybe this one will be one that I will, sign away my life for.
LFM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]