Re: How many people here actually travel?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rik Duel from slgol53p45.ozemail.com.au on March 09, 1999 at 19:33:07:

In Reply to: How many people here actually travel? posted by Seamus on March 09, 1999 at 11:20:17:

Last year I went on a long (4 months) vacation, for which I'd saved for over three years.

My girlfriend and I spent 4 weeks in the United States (we're Australian), before heading South for 3 weeks in Guatemala and Honduras, a week in Costa Rica, 2 weeks in Peru, a week in Mexico, and two weeks in Japan on the way home.

Also, as a lad, I travelled pretty extensively with my family. We spent time in the UK, Ireland, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, New Zealand, the States, Canada, and Mexico.

So, I've travelled quite a bit, but there is still a helluva lot more of the world that I want to see. Nepal, India, parts of Africa, more of South America.

And I'm sorry guys, but I've never worn a fedora or a Wested leather jacket on any one of my trips. Although hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu in Peru, there was one early morning where I was walking alone on an ancient Incan pathway overgrown with vines, with a sheer mist-shrouded drop to one side, and I could almost hear the John Williams score.

Rik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]