WHY WAS INDY SO INFLUENCED BY FEDORA?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDIANA GJR from spider-wl023.proxy.aol.com on March 09, 1999 at 21:51:37:

Well,
My personal opinion, I think "Fedora" in last crusade was a main influence to Indy. As seen through the Indy trilogy, the leather jacket, pants, boots, and especially the fedora were all characteristics of "Fedora" in Last Crusade. Why did Speilberg and Lucas tie this in to the trilogy? Could "Fedora" possibly be Abner Ravenwood, The father of beautiful Marion? Indy definately learned his wild trade somewhere. I heard from Speilbergs mouth himself that Indianas charachter was depicted as archeologist/ grave robber who was an average man cought in impossible situations. This is funny to me because Indy was looked upon by many as a grave robber, but infact in Indys own mind he did most grave robbing for the goodness of the musium! Kind of a double edge blade huh! Im just curious if Speilberg and Lucas are gonna explain more about Abner in Indy 4. I also would like everyone elses thoughts. WE NEED MORE DISCUSSIONS LIKE THIS IN THE FORUM THESE DAYS! ITS VERY IMPORTANT. I KNOW MY BUDDY MICHAELSON WOULD AGREE. Take care,
G.J.R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]