Probably he knew that from what he read about the Temple legends, perhaps (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from cleopatra.stfx.com on March 12, 1999 at 12:29:50:

In Reply to: Nobody's come out of there alive!!!!! posted by Mark Musgrove on March 12, 1999 at 05:06:12:

: Dear Indyfans,
: I am new here on the Forum, as I just watched Raiders for the first time in December. My brother is an avid Indyfan, and some of his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. I was wondering if what Satipo said was true? If nobody had ever come out of the temple of the Chachapoyan warriors alive, how did Indy know to fill the canvas bag with sand, and also to stay out of the light? Question within a Question: How could Indy, who was an intelligent professor who had probably handled
: many golden artifacts, possibly think that a small bag that was not even filled with sand (he emptied some of it out at the altar)possibly counter-balance the weight of that idol? Could it have been stone or wood overlaid with gold (like the ark)?? Both Belloq and Indy held it with one hand, and my dad and one of his good friends both agreed that it would be impossible to do so if it were solid gold.
: Thanks for listening to this long-winded question. I look forward to your responses.
: Mark Musgrove

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]