Re: Where are the gloves?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on March 26, 1998 at 10:00:05:

In Reply to: Re: Where are the gloves? posted by Greg on March 25, 1998 at 20:37:22:

: The gloves in Raiders are definitely a mystery. They were thin leather-that is for sure. I have been pondering ordering a pair of the the natural tan kangaroo elastic-back (his seem to have had an elastic-back) gloves from David Morgan, as they closely resemble the cut and style of the movie gloves. Of course, his were badly soiled and grimy, so it is hard to tell what color they were, but they look as though they were natural-tan leather. Check out the kangaroo leather gloves on the DM website for color and style-he describes them as close-fitting and they allow for sensitivity of touch (telling me that they are thin leather). However, if anyone finds out where these mysterious "Midwest" gloves come from, I would be happy to know.

It has been my understanding for years that the gloves were actually borrowed from a grip on the set of the Well of Souls when they realised they needed some for his descent into the pit. Those leather gloves are easily obtainable at any production, or better yet, hardware store in the country. I believe they're "Durham" leather products. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]