Reminiscings and reflections....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 5D.i-cebu.net on March 13, 1999 at 22:19:05:

I read the past vaults yesterday, and I saw just how things have changed. It's kinda funny how you read the past posts of the people, including yours...and sad to find that some of them have gone away to pursue some other things. Nostalgia always gets into me.
I grinned as I read the first impersonations then. I was a victim of one, too. I think that was when Micah decided to include the IP address of the posters. Caused quite a ruckus from others, too.
I missed some of the names. Ultraman Tiga, RikDuel, and (until lately) Northlander, or Northy, as he signed himself (incidentally, Northy, you remember that imposter who impersonated you? And you said that the real Northlander would sign 'Northy' and not 'Northlander'? My, the things you remember)....I especially missed Indy Anna. Gosh, I really loved that kid...in a way. I find her misspellings...ummm.."cute". If I might remember right, she was the one who asked what Indiana Jones fans are called. Haha. I loved the responses on that one.
Of course there are those who stayed. Michaelson (I sort of think of you as the Forum's father figure *snicker*. Micah, of course, is the grandfather. I remember a past post saying that Micah is the 'god' here), Aragorn, gram1 (or was that 'l'?), Deirdre (speaking of which, there was another girl who posted a long time back who asked if she's the only girl in the Forum. You responded to that, Deirdre, What was her name again?).
I wonder how the Forum will be in the future. I hope I'll still be around to see it evolve. I hope that the new blood will be able to infuse new memories.
Anyway, that's all I got to say. I apologize if it's not related to Indy, in a way, but I guess it's related to the Forum (the best there was, is, and there ever will be). Thanks for the memories, guys. Here's to the future of Indyfan.com.

Now, excuse me while I get some Kleenex (*grins* jus' kidding).

Till then.

---Indiana Jerico

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: