Re: What year should new Indy take place?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8c4.dialup.mindspring.com on March 14, 1999 at 11:32:22:

In Reply to: Re: What year should new Indy take place? posted by Michael on March 14, 1999 at 01:07:10:

: : What year should the new indy movie take place? Just interested in your opinons. Because, if you remember the other 3 movie time frames were kinda scrambled. And if they did do the movie between one of the original times couldn't they link some neat stuff together. Well, I think they should, what about you guys?

:
: i think it should take place in 1945, that way the nazis can still be around, and the plot would have something to do with Indy saving the world from one final scheme of theirs. it would help explain Indy's exploits during WWII, and bring a nice end to the series...

I think in order to stick closely with Harrison Ford's age, the movie should be at least ten years after the Last Crusade, so 1948 would be a good choice, a time when Fedoras were still in style and the Cold War was just beginning (so the Russians could fill in for the usual role of the Nazis.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]