Re: Alden Boot Owners

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IJFan from cm-208-166-50-244.cableco-op.ispchannel.com on March 15, 1999 at 16:37:59:

In Reply to: Alden Boot Owners posted by Indiana John on March 15, 1999 at 10:52:00:

So I just checked out the photos on your page.

They look pretty much like mine did when they were new except for one detail. In all cases, the heel is constructed of two pieces nailed on below the neoprene sole. There's a hard spacer piece, with a soft, sole piece below it. On mine, the hard spacer is made of black plastic (or something to that effect) so that the entire heel piece is one dark color. On yours that spacer is made of leather. I wouldn't worry about this too much because it'll get darker in a hurry. So will the light colored piece around the welt. If it really bothers you, you could (a) get some black shoepolish and color that piece of leather dark, or (b) have new heels put on. The spacer is part of the heel, and gets replaced whenever the heel needs replacing. In my case, I seem to get about 6 mos out of a heel, and something in the neighborhood of a year out of a pair of boots; but I wear mine every day as my normal "shoes". They're very comfortable, offer more support than normal shoes, and look reasonable when I clean them up (usually they're pretty muddy/dusty/scuffed up. Hard to pick a better shoe for everyday wear.

-IJFan

: I have looked at some of the movie shots showing the Alden boots; and
: it definitely appears that they are made differently today.

: The boot appears brown with a dark sole/heel. My pair is a reddish brown; and the sole/heel area has a bunch of colors.
: Could anyone clarify or remedy this situation?
: Check my Indy Gear page to check out the pictures.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]