It couldn't hurt! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from dialup1-41.uplogon.com on March 27, 1998 at 20:56:21:

In Reply to: I guess we should all listen to Northy posted by Gretzky on March 25, 1998 at 20:58:47:

: Actually, like I said, it was a good movie... I liked it. Thats about it though. And the reason it made so much money is because females, especially little 15 and 16 year olds who love leonardo went and saw it fifty times just cause they think hes so cut. And how much money a movie makes has nothing to do with its greatness. just check out a movie like Independence day, how bad was that and how much money did it rake in. then look at how much an awesome movie like Shindlers list made, and Braveheart. they made little in comparison. Anyways, sorry to have offended you Northy..please forgive me. And the thing is, that guy didnt bother just praising Titanic, but instead shunned my favorite movie(and greatest movie of all-time in my opinion). How lame is that. Once again i apologize o righteous one

Sorry if I came off sounding a little mean, but it was just bugging me how everyone seemed to be turning on Titanic for the sole reason that someone came on here and knocked Indy because of Titanic's success. I agree with you on the money thing - it is not a good indicator of a movie's quality (although it can be). My only point with regards to money is that the original poster was basing the "greatness" of the film on the money it made, whether we like it or not.

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]