Re: What whip do you own?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 16, 1999 at 08:54:18:

In Reply to: What whip do you own? posted by red four on March 16, 1999 at 02:26:40:

: Of the people here who know how to use a whip, who made the whip that you have? Are you happy with it? Bullwhip, stockwhip, blacksnake?

: I've owned a latigo bullwhip from the Cattle Baron Leather company since Raiders first came out. I like the whip, and it handles fairly well, but I am looking forward to getting a David Morgan.

: Thanks everyone,
: John D

I forgot about the Cattle Baron Leather co. of San Antonio. I also own one of their old 10 footers and used it so much the handle core broke out of it. I had to have another machined from maple wood. I don't use it much anymore, but it sure helped me learn the basics of whip handling. I can't find that company listed anymore, and they are no longer listed in the San Antonio directory. For grins, I tried to call their old phone number from one of their old catalogs, and got a recording that number was no longer in service.If you'll remember the way the owner appeared in the catalogs, you kind of wonder what other side lines he may have been into, like maybe white slavery? (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]