URL for early Raiders script

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander on November 24, 1997 at 22:16:08:

In Reply to: Re: Cut scenes from the Indy trilogy ? posted by Brisco on November 23, 1997 at 19:11:08:

: I don't think that these scenes were ever actually filmed, but there was a lot cut from the Raiders script that was then used in other movies. In a screenwriting class I had, our T.A. had gone searching for a good example of an action script and found Lawrence Kasdan's "Raiders" script in our university's script library. He made copies of his example scene and passed them out...not realizing the scene he'd chosen wasn't in the movie! THis scene involved Indy and Marion escaping from the Nazi island at the end after all the spirits came out of the Ark. They had to use a mine car, and the scene is essentially the same as the TOD mine sequence, as some surviving Nazis chase them. When they come out, there is a Nazi with a machine gun waiting on a boat disguised as a fishing vessel. I don't know how it turns out because that's where the photocopy ended. I fully intend to go check out the script sometime and read the whole thing; I'm sure there are lots of other differences. I also know that there was originally a Nazi henchman with a machine gun somehow grafted to his arm. This character can be seen in the storyboards included in the Raiders soundtrack CD insert.
: Brisco
:
The scene you mentioned (not to mention a few other surprises,) can be found in the script for Raiders you will find in the "Film Scripts" section of Drew's Script-O-Rama. Here's the URL:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: