Re: What whip do you own?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from piweba7y-ext.prodigy.com on March 17, 1999 at 22:28:16:

In Reply to: What whip do you own? posted by red four on March 16, 1999 at 02:26:40:

: Of the people here who know how to use a whip, who made the whip that you have? Are you happy with it? Bullwhip, stockwhip, blacksnake?

: I've owned a latigo bullwhip from the Cattle Baron Leather company since Raiders first came out. I like the whip, and it handles fairly well, but I am looking forward to getting a David Morgan.

: Thanks everyone,
: John D

Hi John, I use a fairly wide variety of bullwhips, from several different sources. Aside from the DM whips. One of my other personal favorites is 8ft Australian bullwhip that I use. A whip maker named Terry Jacka, who supplies several of the larger whip importers here in the U.S, makes them. It's well made and works great as an all-purpose whip. It is actually a lighter whip with a faster action than those David Morgan makes, which seems to accommodate my style very well. Most of my experience is with the bullwhip, as I have never been that crazy about snake whips. One of these days I do plan to get a stock whip though. I have never worked with one, but after seeing and hearing many good things about them, I am looking forward to working with them. Well enough of my rambling, I am sure you will be extremely satisfied when you get your DM whip, they are really a piece of work. Talk to you later.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]