Maybe it's old footage of the Rockettes?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8f1.dialup.mindspring.com on March 18, 1999 at 14:46:13:

In Reply to: Re: Temple of Doom question posted by Meg on March 17, 1999 at 15:57:17:

: : You know that opening sequence of Temple of Doom, as much as I love that scene, there has always been some things I never quite understood. When Willie is singing Anything Goes, she goes inside the dragon, and all of a sudden, there's a huge room full of tap dancers. What's the deal with that part? There is no one in the Club Obi-Wan to actually watch that part, and the building doen't look big enough to even have that big room in the first place. My other question is when the big fight happens, how come the big band starts playing and the dancers come out dancing, when they all know that a brawl is happening? What were they thinking?

: Hey Brett,
: I don't know about your first question, but I think the band started to play because they were going to put on another show, to calm everyone down. ( Remember when Indy gets in the dancers way?)
: Well I could be wrong, but I hope that answered your question. See ya around!

: ~Meg~

That first part has always bothered me too. If you notice, the dancers in the club are all Chinese but in that clip they look like the Rockettes or someone similar. Also at that point the film gets all speckled, so I suspect that those dancers are really from some vintage footage spliced in to the scene to make it longer. You're right--Nowhere else can you see a stage large enough for that many dancers.

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]