Re: Exorcist on video - great opening scenes

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip223-s16.inetnorth.net on March 19, 1999 at 11:23:17:

In Reply to: Exorcist on video - great opening scenes posted by Brian on March 19, 1999 at 05:48:55:

: Ok, the film is very heavy and not at all for under 18s but the opening sequence to the Excorcist is kinda Indyesque.

: It shows an archaeologist unearthing some weird statue and as a result an evil spirit or something is set free. The film was made around 70/71 so didn't rip Raiders off.

: I last saw this around 1988 on an old BETAMAX video but it was banned in the Uk until it recently got the go ahead to be re-released.

: Just wondered if anyone else had seen it and what they thought.

: Regards,

: Brian

Scariest movie ever made--and on so many levels. Definitely one of my all time favourites.
Indyesque opening for sure, although it was not releasing an ancient evil, but rather forshadowing to the former exorcist at the site that his work is not done against the devil. scenes like that are kinda hard to grasp unless you read the book, I guess.
BTW, the release date was 73. It still makes it preIndy, I'm just letting a bit of trivia out.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]