Re: three drain holes in temple

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bijb from ts001d26.col-oh.concentric.net on March 20, 1999 at 11:57:30:

In Reply to: Re: three drain holes in temple posted by red four on March 19, 1999 at 18:20:59:

:
: : After watching temple last night I may have a solution to why the bag in temple has three drainage holes instead of only two. They wanted people to know it wasn't an authentic bag that was burning. Anyone who would have made any fuss over an authentic bag would have known it only has two drain holes. Maybe?

: : Also, I noticed the strap wasn't broken as I thought it was. The strap is in two parts. One part is a loop with the slide buckle on the end. The other end is only a leather strap. Does this arrangement really work, or are the bags he carries throughout the film one piece and the made a bag two pieces specificaly for the bridge scene?

: Interesting thought on the bag. I have a mkvi (read 6) bag that has three drain holes on it. I think that when the bags were made, sometimes there were errors on the production line (I own several mkvi bags, as well as mkvii's). Maybe they just grabbed a bag that happened to have three holes, or maybe they needed more air for the burning effect. Or maybe I'm wrong :-)>

: The strap question has been bugging me for a while now. I always thought that the strap was one piece, but have seen pictures from Raiders that have made me look closer. One picture is from the collectors album for Raiders, that shows Indy swinging his whip above his head, and the buckle is flipped over, showing a little silver spot that could be a rivet or chicago screw holding part of the strap to the middle of the buckle. Another picture is from the Raiders storybook and shows a picture of Indy that was not in the film. He's just standing there, and it appears that the section of strap that comes over the shoulder and into the buckle slides behind the other leather rather than just going through the middle of the buckle. Make sense? (I've read it a couple times and I'm not even sure) The pictures are kind of grainy, so I can't say for certain one way or the other.

: Jerry from What Price Glory said that he would soon be receiving an actual strap from the movies (which he plans to replicate) so hopefully we will know for sure very soon. It's funny how these small details are so hard to see on video. I've made my straps from 3/4 inch leather, all one piece.

: Nice talking to you,
: John D

The buckle might have been a conway buckle. That is what I used on my strap. That would explain the little dot in the middle of the buckle, maybe.

-b"ij"b

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]